Observing unusual expansions in veins? Or your veins are gnarling? If yes then you are reading the right thing. Some problems in our body are not quite common and varicose veins are one of them.
What are varicose veins?
Varicose Veins could be said as lumpy and expanding veins. Any normal vein could become varicose. However, the veins of feet and legs are the one which are affected quite commonly. It could be caused due to the increase of pressure in veins of lower body that happens because of walking and standing upright. Most of the people concern spider veins and varicose veins (usually a sort of slight variation of varicose veins) as a minor cosmetic related problem. However, there are some people who suffer from a lot of discomfort and aching pain due to the varicose veins and there are times when it could lead to even a bigger problem. It could even indicate in increasing risk of several other problems in circulation. Its treatment involves doctor’s procedure as well as measures taken for self – care.
What are the symptoms?
As it is told earlier that in some cases there is pain due to varicose veins and in others it may not. The indications of varicose veins that do not result in any sort of pain, those signs may include-
- The colours of veins are blue or dark purple.
- The veins appeared to be bulging and twisted which looks like leg’s cord.
On the other hand in case of aching pain due to varicose veins, the symptoms are-
- A type of heaviness felt in your legs.
- Throbbing, burning, swelling and muscle cramping in lower part of legs.
- If varicose veins bleeds.
- If one or more than that veins start itching.
- Unbearable pain every time after standing or sitting for long hours.
- Red colour of skin as well as paining cord in the vein.
Stiffness of veins, change in colours, ulcers in the skin close to ankles or inflaming skin indicates that a serious vascular disease is existing in your body and a decent medical attention is required.
How to prevent it?
Prevention of varicose veins completely is not possible. Therefore, improvement in circulation as well as in muscle tone could decrease the chances of development in varicose veins or gaining extra ones. The similar steps could be taken for the treatment of discomfort causing due to varicose veins from home only. These measures could be-
- Regular stretching and exercises.
- Looking after the body weight.
- In taking a diet with low salt and high fibre.
- Avoid wearing tight hosiery and high heels.
- Making variations in the style of sitting and standing.
This problem could arise due to genetic effect, growing age, problem of excessive weight, and it is quite common among women as compared to men. At the time of pregnancy the chances of varicose veins are more likely to arise, for getting a good treatment. For more information regarding it click on https://www.btg-im.com/en-US/Varithena/Home.